5 Things to Know About Amethyst
Posted on February 04, 2017
1. At one time, Amethyst was as expensive as ruby and emerald.
The value declined during the 19th Century when large amethyst deposits were discovered in Brazil.
2. Amethyst is the most valued quartz variety.
Its stunning royal color is in high demand for both designer pieces and mass-market jewelry.
3. Amethysts make huge geodes!
Amethysts can form in hollow crystal lined geodes so massive you can stand inside of them
4. Amethyst is believed to provide mental benefits.
According to legends, those who wear amethyst will be clear-headed and quick- witted in battle and business affairs.
5. Amethyst is a celebration stone.
Amethyst is the birthstone for February and the traditional gem for the 6th and 17th wedding anniversaries.